Personal statement
I first got into documentary film in television when I was studying photography in school as a GCSE and as part of the course I decided to do documentary style photography for my final exam. It was while doing this that my passion for not only filming and photography grew but my interest in documentary television.
While in School I studied photography for 3 years and later moved on to the 6th form and studied photography and media there, but after a year of studying there I found a course better for me at a different college. At Eccles College I studied media studies and while there I studied a wide variety of forms of media. The part of the course I enjoyed most was creating a music video filming over 3days, whilst filming I devolved my filming skills and directing skills. Part of the course I learnt to use programs such as adobe after effects and adobe Photoshop and illustrator using the programs to create and edit motion graphics from scratch.
One of my hobbies is photography and I volunteer at a photography studio in Manchester once a week, doing this gives me valuable experience with a camera and helps me gain knowledge in that field. This would benefit me in the course as I would already have a good understanding of photography. I have also photographed a few friends gigs that they have held for charity.
Volunteering at the photography studio has helped me improve communication skills and has also made me very reliable and always punctual and on time. It also helped and showed me how to work well with others.
Through my experience at college I have expanded my skills and passion for documentary filming and hope to gain further skills and qualifications at university.

No comments:
Post a Comment